Cancer Institute Confirms Weed Kills Cancer
Cancer remains one of the most feared illnesses we know. A diagnosis will either change a life, or simply take it. The absolute cure remains elusive.
With that said, there are things that can be done to help kill cancer cells or at least alleviate the pain and make the sufferer's life more bearable. From a simply humanist perspective, surely ANYTHING that can help should be allowed to help right? To refuse this is madness.
I believe that future generations will look back upon the stigma attached to marijuana, especially in regards to its medicinal values, with a certain type of incredulity. We are not there yet, but the fact the National Cancer Institute (NCI) has come out and said that marijuana helps kill cancer cells represents a significant step towards this point. Future generations will be able to look at this time - with the benefit of retrospect - and say "So they knew marijuana could help kills cancer cells, but they wouldn't let people do that. Why?"
The study undertaken by the NCI revealed the following information.
- Cannabinoids may reduce tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed to grow tumors.
- Lab tests on animals have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
- Cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
- A laboratory study of THC in liver cancer cells showed it damaged or killed the cancer cells.
- The same study of THC in models of liver cancer showed that it had anti-tumor effects.
- CBD may make chemotherapy more effective.
It is important to note that marijuana is certainly not that elusive "golden cure." BUT, that it has the potential to help in any way means that it cannot be overlooked for much longer, surely?